English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Why learn English?
The influence of English in penetrating the world globally has increased the need to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Individuals who desire to learn English are driven by different personal reasons and with high expectations such as:
- Social interactions
- Career advancement and job opportunities –either local or international
- Business growth
Division of English Courses and Structure
AMI’s English Programme is divided into different courses. These are:
- Upper Intermediate
- English for Business (EFB)
Benefits of learning English at Al Moalem Institute
- AMI’s General English Courses are tailored to help each trainee develop a natural and accurate style of English pronunciation.
- Our English Courses aim to improve trainees’ ability to understand, use vocabulary or expressions that are common to everyday activities.
- Our English Courses are well-structured to guide each trainee with the ability to express ideas clearly and more confidently.
- AMI’s focus is to ensure that we improve all our trainees’ understanding of key aspects of English grammar, structures, and rules in conversations.
English Learning Expectations
In AMI, we ensure that at the end of each Level, trainees should be able to:
- Communicate about themselves and their daily activities
- Work as a group to better increase their English proficiency
- Improve their intercultural and interpersonal communication, through modern technologies and internet-social networking with friends, family, colleagues, etc.
- Read, analyse, and synthesise information from simple texts such as newspaper articles, magazines, etc.
- Write business and official letters
- Contextualize the grammar and language skills they learn to improve language retention
- Use their English communication skills in their various working and social environments
Our English programme will use a modern Communicative-Based Teaching (CBT) style of learning that encourages the use of natural and contemporary English. We use instructional materials and tools to train communicative and cultural competence. We also use modern study materials like books, CDs, audio-visuals, as well as internet-based technologies that are stimulating and relevant, specially designed for each Level. Our aim is to help the trainees develop key skills in the correct use of English for reading, writing, speaking, and listening.